Integrated Conveyor Solutions
Inteveyor is accepting resumes for Mechanical Project Engineer. This is a salary opportunity
The Mechanical Project Engineer is responsible for leading the engineering aspects specific to package handling conveyor projects. This requires interfacing with mechanical designers, electrical engineers, and the project manager to successfully complete projects.
- Develop an understanding for the specific mechanical engineering requirements per project
- Study and become familiar with the elementary system drawings
- Conveyor manifests
- Engineering hours estimate
- Project contract requirements and options
- Provide technical interface with customer’s project representative(s)
- Project scope definitions
- Customer specifications / standards
- Provide technical support for vendors, field installation personnel, and engineering subcontractors as related to inquiries
- Communicate project-specific information with other Inteveyor departments including project management, purchasing, electrical engineering, field installation and fabrication department.
- Facilitate weekly project meetings with support staff, get and report weekly project progress to Inteveyor Project Management.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and use weekly meetings to teach less seasoned support staff.
- Release drawings for installation and fabrication
- Create material purchase requisitions, identifying long lead items for early release.
- Relate information regarding changes to scope of work for the project as they occur.
- Maintain project-specific requirements while applying general knowledge of conveying systems, conveying equipment and customer general specifications and standards
- Be cognizant of areas for professional development, cost reduction, quality improvements and enhanced customer service
- Check drawings provided by mechanical designers for accuracy and provide feedback for corrections as needed.
- Perform or assist in directing engineering analysis as determined by project needs in disciplines including structural, mechanical power transmission and fluid power.
- Specify power units and complete drive spec sheets.
- Meet engineering deadlines as set by customer and Inteveyor project management
- Understand project material requirements and submit for purchase as to meet installation schedule.
- Uphold Inteveyor’s core values and mission statement https://inteveyor.com/about-us/
- Five plus (5+) years of material handling equipment experience preferably within the conveyor systems industry as a project engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in mechanical engineering and design
- Power transmission equipment
- Steel fabrication
- Microsoft Office
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, Factory Design Suite and Vault
- Read, understand and apply customer specifications
- Communicate effectively with customers, vendors and co-workers
- Organize and prioritize a variety of tasks in an effective and timely manner, organize own work, participate in setting priorities and meet critical time deadlines
- Must be able to travel to job sites and customer meetings as required (up to 25%)
- Engineer Distribution and Package Handling Equipment/Warehousing
This job description describes the general nature and level of work expected of a person assigned to this position. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
It is the policy of Inteveyor, LLC and its affiliated companies to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship status (if authorized to work in the U.S.), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Inteveyor will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Industrial Automation/Package Handling Equipment